There’s no excuse really, I suppose I could say that I’ve been busy (and I have been – thanks to the wonderful Lilian Soon and her contract with Leeds College of Music), but when I really look at what I’ve been doing I see that I’ve also been busy writing blog posts elsewhere.
In an effort to separate my ‘ideas’ and the themes that began to emerge I now regularly write two other blogs besides this (my main) one. As part of today’s audit I have to add two other, much less frequent themes, one on Blogger, where I write about books I’ve read and a seasonal ‘holiday blog’ (see below).
My two main alternatives to the EduVel blog are:
Saturday Walks – http://saturdaywalks.wordpress.com/
I started this blog last December to separate the more personal aspects of my life from other areas. It was something I’d planned to do for many years and began with the idea of continuing the events John and I have shared since 1999 (cycle ride).
However, over the twelve months it has widened its scope to include many other aspects of life: e.g.
- Snowmageddon, a snowy time in Wales,
- IfL, some thoughts on the original increased fee structure,
- Lest we forget, a commentary on the state of public services in 2011, and
- John Grant, a musical interlude!
Nutritious, economical food – http://shoestringfoods.wordpress.com/
I started this in September following my increasing (renewed) interest in all things epicurean. It started as a blog to help folks become more confident in cooking cheap but nutritional food – instead of cheap, tasteless rubbish from supermarkets. It is beginning to evolve. Sadly, some food stuff are still to be found here in EduVel and in Saturday Walks … hey ho.
- Salt n Pepper here, I began to talk about the store cupboard necessities,
- Vegan Challenge courtesy of Liz Wyman’s challenge to cook vegan food,
- Regional Food – I continue the drift away from my original plan, but stay within the food theme.
So, please have a look at one of the above now and again – I hope you enjoy it.